Nov
17

100 Digital Storytelling Tools for Your Digital Selves + Natives (Part 3)

Filed Under (Uncategorized) by on November 17, 2009 and tagged , ,

photostory[1] “The universe is made up of stories,not atoms.!” Muriel Rukeyser

This is the third part of my 100 Digital Storytelling Tools series. I hope you have fun while creating your digital stories with different Web 2.0 tools.

DVolver can make you a director in minutes. You choose your character, scene, background, title, music and you only add what you want your characters to say. This is one of my favourite off all.

With WritingFun, you can use text organizers to assist your students with the writing process.

Write4Net is a similar to prorperous. You can publish your texts without needing a blog or a website. You write your text and Write4Net publishes it using your Twitter account. It’s interesting though I’m not sure if we can consider this blog under digital storytelling tools.

With Xtimeline, you can create great timeles for biographies,resource, history or current issuses.

Glogster is a tool to creare online and interactive posters. You can add pictures, videos, texts or podcasts to your glog page. Wix is a similar tool like Glogster. You can create your own page with podcasts, pictures,videos, effects and texts.

Yodio allows you to add voice to your photos and create your own presentations.

Xtranormal lets you create your unique stiroes with your own messages. Drag and drop animations and use text-to movie application. 

Timetoast is another site to create timelines and share them on the web with others.     

With SuperActionComicMaker, you can create your own super comic hero and tell your story with him. 

Gnomz and Mainada are other sites where you can create your own comic.  

Kerpoof is a site where you can create original artwork, animated movies, stories, greeting cards and more.

You can create own photo scripts by chhosing your layout, uploading your pictures, adding bubbles with texts and effects on Comeeko.

Blabberize lets you make a photo talk with your own voice.

Pixton is another comic strip creator and you can create in multiple languages.

Prezi has become my favourite presentation tool from now on. It has a very unique interface to present your topic. It’s zooming sketches on a digital page.

Ahead is similar to Prezi. You share any media on your own zooming web spaces.

Mapskip is a site where you can tell your stories on a map.

You can create multimedia presentations, movies and podcasts with MediaWorks.  

WallWisher is a great way to collborate and an online notice board maker though you can use it for so many other purposes.

AMap is a great and a fun way to display your live debates. We can use it to review a book or a story we’ve read. I loved it!

OneWord is a minimalistic storytelling. It gşves you a word and you have to write about it in sixty seconds.

PicLits is a creative writing site that matches beautiful images with carefully selected keywords in order to inspire you.

You’ll find more  on my next post. Enjoy!!

18 Responses to “100 Digital Storytelling Tools for Your Digital Selves + Natives (Part 3)”

1.   Shelly Terrell Says:

Ozge,

What a great series! It’ll take some time for me to go through all these and book them! Thank you for sharing!

2.   Lissa Says:

Thanks to Shelly (via Twitter) I have found this blog – and what a fabulous collection of links to explore. Thank you!

3.   Daniela Lyra Says:

Hi There,

Thanks again! I’ve already used some of the tools you suggested, but others I’ll try out. Please take a look at my blog, I also teach young learners and I posted some ideas and activities for them. See what you think! I need an audience, for now it really seems like talking to a wall…
    All the best,
    Dani Lyra

4.   Nicky Says:

Holy cow! Where do you get the time to find all this stuff? I’ve only been able to check out Dvolver (so far), and I imagine it’ll be lots of fun to use with the kids. Thanks a lot!

5.   Chukwudinma Nwokocha Says:

This is an assembly of practical and usable 2.0 tools for educators and learners. I believe every teacher will find a tool from this tool chest to deliver a fabolous and wonderful lesson; makes the job of teaching and learning real fun and interesting and comprehensible.

6.   loan Says:

Every one acknowledges that modern life seems to be expensive, but people require cash for different things and not every person gets enough cash. Hence to receive good home loans and commercial loan will be good way out.

7.   seo company Says:

It is good to see your clarity on this important subject can be easily observed. Thanks.

8.   seo services Says:

Very interesting blog…Thanks for sharing.

9.   UppaBaby Vista Says:

very interesting indeed, thank you for the share, you have always impressed.
    Chris Harris

10.   thesis Says:

Hey, i’ve been reading this blog for a while and have a question, maybe you can help… it’s how do i add your feed to my rss reader as i want to follow you. Thanks.

11.   Irvingia Says:

This is a neat resource. I’ll share it on Facebook. I like to create screen capture videos, so I’m sure this will help me create lively videos, as opposed to the more mundane, death-by-powerpoint-type videos.

12.   Andi Says:

Great list of resources. I’ve used Xtranormal for quite a few videos and the results are hilarious.

13.   Martin the wholesale postcard dude Says:

Try apple’s apps too. Search for Apple + Apps. Only for Mac users but so handy, useful and beautiful it’s hard not to download everything all night. PS. Your anti-spam is making it very difficult to leave a comment. I don’t know if it is a 6 or a B. Thanks :) Martin

14.   Brent M Says:

I love Glogster and so do my kids – we have poster creating competitions amongst us – “Dad” is always the loser some how lol. Great post – thanx

15.   Sean Cavanaugh Says:

Ozge,

Do you have any examples where you have personally used some of the storytelling tools? Would love to see some of your work.

I just watched Santas Helper example at Dvolver and the intro video at Yodio. My head is spinning with ideas. The potential applications of these tools for my websites is massive.

Sean
    Webmaster: symptomsoftmj.com
    Symptoms of TMJ

16.   debbiep Says:

“The universe is made up of stories,not atoms.!” Muriel Rukeyser

i love that you open with that quote it is my absolute favorite@!!

17.   Panny acution Says:

Wow, Fantastic article, it’s so helpful to me, and your blog is very good,

18.   Stephen Stapinski Says:

Stephen Stapinski

Really your blog is very interesting…. it contains great and unique information. I enjoyed to visiting your blog. It’s just amazing…. Thanks very much for the share.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. More Tools for Digital Storytellers | Ozge Karaoglu's Blog