Jan
05

100 Web Tools to Enhance Collaboration (Part 1)

Filed Under (Uncategorized) by on January 5, 2010 and tagged , , ,

people-network“If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.” Isaac Newton

“Snowflakes are one of nature’s most fragile things, but just look what they can do when they stick together.” Vesta M. Kelly

It is easy to collaborate with your colleagues around you. What about other people in your PLN? Can you collaborate with 50, 100, 1000 people?

“Collaborate”, “Collaborative”, “Collaboration” were the most frequent words I heard last year and I believe it will be more important and popular in this new decade.

Here is my first 20 web tools to enhance collaboration among us!

DabbleBoard is a whiteboard that enables you to visualize, explore and collaborate. You draw as you are drawing on a whiteboard and you can easily share your ideas. It also lets you conduct presentation and chat though you can not share files. You can read 10 reasons why to use Dabbleboard.

CoSketch is another whiteboard that you can collaborate to visualize your ideas and share them as images. The good thing is that, you don’t have to register or install anything. It works in all browsers, it’s real time and you can get an embed code for your drawing after you finish.

Stixy lets you create online bulletin board to collaborate with family, friends, colleagues. You can share pictures, files, reminders, notes  using different widgets that you can change size and colours.  It’s fun, free,easy and colourful. Stixy deserves a try!!

Grou.ps lets you create your own social network. There are different modules to be used as many as you want. You can create your forum, mailing list, share documents,files and your agenda to organize events, have your own YouTube, share links, bookmarks, photos. You can have real time chat and you can let the users have subgroups and it’s free.

I’m sure many of us are a member of a Ning group and Ning is the one of the best sites to create and join new social networks that interest us. You can upload pictures,photos, feeds, bookmarks and many more.

ImaginationCubed is a multi user drawing tool. You can use a pen, stamp,shapes, line or you can type. You can also change the color of the background. I loved this one, it’s cool!

If you are using Twitter, you may want to try GroupTweet. It lets you create your Twitter account into a group communication tool where everyone in the group uses direct messages. When a member gets a DM, GroupTweet turns it into a new tweet that all followers in the group can see.

Wallwisher is an online notice board maker. You can use this tool to make announcements, keep notes. You can use links, pictures, music, video and pages. You don’t have to register. You can have a look at Nik Peachey’s Wallwisher as a great example.

PageFlakesis a social personalized homepage that you can customize Internet using flakes which are small, movable of all your web favourites. You can add Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, photos, music, videos, calendar, to-do list, message board, RSS feed.

WriteBoard is a-web based text documents that you can track every edit and change that are made by other users. You can role back to any version and compare different versions.

Wiggio is an online toolkit that lets you work in groups easily. You can send emails, text messages,voice mails. It makes it easy to share files and polls. You can set video conferences and also keep shared calendar, keep track of group’s tasks and resources.

WeToku is an interview tool that automatically records it to play it back. You can embed it and share it with others. You can watch  my WeToku interview with Ana Maria Menesez.

Webnote is a tool for taking notes on your computer and you can share your notes with others giving the workspace name or the URL.

PalBee is a free online service that allows you to set up online video meetings with your friends or colleagues. You also have a whiteboard and it lets you draw, write texts, highlight or erase using different tools.

Phuser is a tool for groups to discuss or work together and privately. You can share photos, files, choose who joins, create and track discussions.

WikiDot is wiki builder to share content, documents and collaborate with your students, colleagues, friends. You can create pages, forums,separate wikis for groups or students, discuss topics, upload files, documents,notes, images and share them with others.

Creately lets you create professional looking online diagrams with your colleagues.

DoingText is a web based text editor for collaborative writing. You tell others the URL and they write comments, make changes without signing up. It lets you track changes and comments by RSS feed, export text by embedding in other pages. You can go back to the previous version of every line or you can see an overview of the discussion history.

SpringNote is an online notebook for collaboration. You can write down your ideas, create to-do lists, do scheduling and work together for projects. It also has an iphone application.

MeBeam is a place where you can create your chat room. You just type the name of the room and tell the people to meet you there.

I hope you like the first part of the series. Create, collaborate and enjoy!!

Cross posted on TechLearning !

13 Responses to “100 Web Tools to Enhance Collaboration (Part 1)”

1.   Sarah Stewart Says:

Look forward to hearing more suggestions. The tool I have become impressed with lately is DimDim, used for live online meetings

2.   Brandon Klein Says:

This is a fantastic list. One of the most comprehensive I have ever seen (well not quite Robin Good!)
    I will point people to it- for those interested in just the 3-5 best in some of the categories above, we list them:
    http://collaborationking.com/collaboration-software/

3.   ozge Says:

Hi Sarah, I’ll be posting four more posts on collaborative tools, stay tuned =)

4.   ozge Says:

Hi Brandon,
    It’s a great site, I loved it and I hope you will discover some more tools here =)

5.   Denise K Says:

Our educational agency had a searchable URL database containing these and many more that can be used in K-12 education and beyond. You are welcome to check it out: http://currweb.aea11.k12.ia.us:8080/URLCurriculumpage/technology.html

6.   Paul Jaeger Says:

This list is a real beauty, Ozge, and my mind is exploding with new ideas. Thanks for sharing.

7.   Balakumar Muthu Says:

Great List, You can also add http://lovelogger.com, for collaboration pair-blogging.

8.   christian louboutin online Says:

Great article and it’s so helpful. But I just can’t see any picture in your blog. Is that my computer problem? But I can see other s’ blog pics. :

9.   christian louboutin sale Says:

What a great blog! It’s a pity that i can’t find your rrs address. If you can offer rrs subscription service, i can track your blog easier!

10.   SpedTeach2 Says:

Thanks for the great list of web conferencing tools – you should check out http://webcastacademy.net/ – an online learning environment for those interested in webcasting…

11.   Jim Says:

Great list for collaboration tools. I trust you will get into some of our favorites as well which include:
    wallwisher
    xmind
    mindomo

Thanks for the collection thus far.
    Jim

12.   tinnitus relief Says:

I found this article useful in a paper I am writing at university. Hopefully, I get an A+ now!

13.   weirba11 Says:

Excellent list. There are a few of these I haven’t heard of. Thanks for sharing.
    http://educationwebcloud.blogspot.com

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Tweets that mention 100 Web Tools to Enhance Collaboration (Part 1) | Ozge Karaoglu's Blog -- Topsy.com
  2. Tweets that mention 100 Web Tools to Enhance Collaboration (Part 1) | Ozge Karaoglu's Blog -- Topsy.com
  3. Tweets that mention 100 Web Tools to Enhance Collaboration (Part 1) | Ozge Karaoglu's Blog -- Topsy.com
  4. Tweets that mention 100 Web Tools to Enhance Collaboration (Part 1) | Ozge Karaoglu's Blog -- Topsy.com
  5. Tweets that mention 100 Web Tools to Enhance Collaboration (Part 1) | Ozge Karaoglu's Blog -- Topsy.com
  6. 100 Web Tools to Enhance Collaboration (Part 3) | Ozge Karaoglu's Blog
  7. Daily Diigo Bookmarks from Steve Yuen 03/20/2010 « Learning Technologies
  8. Week 9. Online office tools, cloud computing and productivity « Library 2.0 @ LSF
  9. Week 9. Web tools and applications « Library 2.0 @ LSF
  10. Darin Wagner » Blog Archive » Web Tools For Collaboration