Dec
29

My Favourite Web Tools of 2010

Filed Under (Uncategorized) by on December 29, 2010 and tagged , , , ,

SocialMediaImage[1] Here are my favourite web tools from 2010:

ImaginationCubed is a multi user drawing tool. You can use a pen, stamp,shapes, line or you can type. You can also change the color of the background. I loved this one, it’s cool!

WeToku is an interview tool that automatically records it to play it back. You can embed it and share it with others. 

WikiDot is wiki builder to share content, documents and collaborate with your students, colleagues, friends. You can create pages, forums,separate wikis for groups or students, discuss topics, upload files, documents,notes, images and share them with others.

You can send video mails with EyeJot. You don’t need to download any software. You only get into your account, record and upload your video and send it. It’s that easy!

You can paste a text to JustPasteit and you can get a link to share it with others. You can also upload pictures, save your document as a PDF file.

LinkBlip lets you monitor when the links you’ve sent to others has been clicked. You get a special URL and send it to other. When someone clicks the URL, you’re notified with an email with the time the link was clicked as well as the city which they were in.

GoodWidgets is a way to create photo widgets for your blog or websites. It has different displays of photos. You can check the gallery here. This is sure to be my favourite photo presentation widget!

I can only say WOW for EarthTunnel! This is the most creative picture sharing site I’ve ever seen on web. You’re in a dark tunnel with pictures around you and you use your keyboard to move in the tunnel. What a great idea!!!

BusinessCard2 is an online service to create professional network and exchange business cards on web. You can add videos, slide shows, files,external links, your websites, social sites and you can let other people to leave messages and it’s embeddable of course.

MadeupMemories lets you customize videos by putting your personal pictures. You can choose to be a princess, a toy, a superhero! Just choose your video, upload your picture and publish it. You can also download it to your computer and keep it on your desktop forever!

Stiqr is one of the best tools I’ve ever seen. The things you can do with it just is limitless. This tool lets you to create and design your website with sticking pictures. You don’t have to upload or download anything. The only thing you need to do is to embed the code to your website. Let’s give this tool a try!

AcapelaTV is a text-to-speech site where you can use this feature to make the characters talk. You can make different language selections.

Packrati is a bookmarking service that bookmarks your tweets that contains URL for your delicious account. You can choose the options to bookmark your favourites or @ replies.

Prezi is a unique way to create presentations without any slides but zooming sketches on a blank canvas. You can create your own group, collaborate on ideas and create your prezi presentation together. You realize that powerpoint is dead after using this tool, rest is your imagination.If you like it, you should also check Ahead which is a similar tool.

StoryBird allows you to create their own stories from scratch using their own text and pictures. It’s also collaborating so you can start a story at home and you can finish it when you come back to school.

PhotoPeach is a quick way to create slideshows using pictures and music. It also lets you create quizzes on your slideshow.

With QuizCentre, you can create, administer and grade quizzes online. It also provides instant feedback.

QuizMaker lets you create multiple choice quizzes. You can add pictures or links to your quizzes. When you finish, you simply cut and paste it to your web page.

Vozme lets you turn your text into speech. You can choose a male or a female voice and you create mp3 files and listen to them anywhere you are.

Kakomessenger is a fun text to-speech application. It’s a singing telegram machine that will sing your text. You choose between two singers, Gina and Humphrey, write your text and let the singers sing them for you.

CiteBite is a tool where you can get a link directly to specific quotes in web pages.You simply paste a chunk of text and the URL of the page and get a link that opens directly to your selection by highlighting it.

Bot Morpheus is a bot that can write and speak at the same time. The answers are logical, it also asks questions and analyze your answers.

Clue is a fun and an interesting way to test people (or you) about what they remember on your site. You just enter the link of the site that you want to test, share the test with people via Twitter, Facebook or other social networking services. People who take the test , look at the web page for a few seconds and write what they remember.

Stay tuned for the new coming year.

Cross posted on Tech&Learning.

5 Responses to “My Favourite Web Tools of 2010”

1.   Anne Mirtschin Says:

Thanks for sharing this list. Some of these are new to me and as we are now on a summer break, I will be able to spend time looking at them.

2.   Paulo Simões Says:

Good list.

I think you mean packrati instead of packtari ;) This tool also sends to DIIGO, not only for Delicious. I’m using it…

Have a great 2011 :)

Paulo

3.   sankar Says:

This is amazing. How many tools I have come to know after reading your blog!

4.   Andrea Says:

Thanks a lot for sharing this !!!

5.   Andy Says:

Here’s another great tool I found. Video email is a great way connect with clients, especially in the video production world, which is one reason we started using Catapult (http://www.catapultimpact.com/) in addition to a website video. Not only does it allow you to deliver the video email directly to your customer, but they provide exhaustive back end analytics, from who watched it, where they watched, what they watched it on, when they watched it, how much they watched, and a whole lot more. It’s definitely worth checking out.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Which webhosts offer the best and easiest free website tools? | Uncategorized | Information about Web Hosting, Web hosting service!
  2. My Top 5 Most Used Social Web Tools of 2011 [List]