About Me

FullSizeRender“A non-native English teacher and a very fast-talker and happy to be!”

Hi and you are reading my, Özge Karaoğlu’s, blog right now…

I am a 30+ year old English teacher, a freelance teacher trainer and educational consultant in teaching young/very young learners + teaching with web based technologies; for international organizations, schools and institutes in Istanbul,Turkey. I am currently working at a private school as the K4 technology specialist and an EFL teacher  and enjoying every minute of it.

I am the content and the project developer of the ‘Smurfs ELT Series’ who are featuring the Smurfs characters to teach English to young learners. The series are in three levels including 18 readers, 18 workbooks, interactive activities, parents guide, posters and teachers’ materials. 

I am the writer of ‘Minigon’ ELT book series that includes ten stories, two activity books for the  two different volumes and the parents guide. I have also written the songs and composed two of them. 

I am the writer of the ‘My First Digital Journey’ e-book that I have written with Jennifer Verschoor that is published by the Round.

I am the educational coordinator of ’Yes I Speak English‘ DVD series that are designed to give EFL children a jump- start in English. I’m also the script and screenplay writer of these DVD series and we have just completed an activity book that accompanies the DVD series.

I have been doing many projects with my kids. I have led the projects where my kids have created the very first cartoonvery first digital games series and very first i-phone/i-pad application that are drawn, coloured, animated and dubbed by kindergarten children in the world.

I and my colleague Demet Küyük have released our first not free app this year (2014), which features a cute girl that aims at teaching children to learn and practice English. We are developing  more apps at the moment. 

I have also worked as an ITDI Associate an edtech blogger on Techlearning.

I’m  the author of this blog where I write about teaching English through technology and web based based tools and applications to help educators to develop themselves. My blog has been ranked in the 50 Best Blogs for Education Leaders, in the Top 50 Education Technology Blogs, in the Top 50 Blog for e-Learning Tools and Tips as well as nominated for  different Edublogs Awards.

You can find me posting on this blog or TechLearning with regular updates.

Read about my awards&nominations here; my projects here and the conferences that I am speaking here.

13 Responses to “About Me”

1.   David Chan Says:

Wow, what an impressive site (referred from Tech and Learning) and doubly impressive that you’re so young (20+?)! Keep up the great work!!!

2.   Prashant Parekh Says:

hi Özge, its nice to know a young lad like yourself is taking a pro-active approach and cares about teaching English to children from different parts of the world.
    You have some interesting projects underway, I’m in China i have been here 1 year now, and its been the most amazing and eye awakening experience i hope to continue on developing on to another destination. after gaining good experiences here, just finding it difficult on where to head next. will be nice to know more on your background and how you got to where you are now.

take care

3.   zKn Says:

You’re a good example to follow, and we all are proud of you!

4.   zeynep aykut Says:

hey Özge,

what a nice site you’ve prepared, congrats!
    I totally appreciate what you did, you ‘ve done and you re doing in terms of teaching English to young learners and your very useful tips for teaching&learning English.

I also have a look at http://ozgekaraoglu.wikispaces.com/ but when I have more time, I’ll have a more detailed look.

I am also a 24 year old English teacher, graduated from Kocaeli University and getting prepared to begin my teaching career in a primary school.

looking forward to your new teaching tips

cheers,
    Zeynep.

5.   Clifton Roberts Says:

Hello Özge,

I think what you are doing is simply awesome! You have an infectious and inspiring soul.

You are absolutely beautiful inside and out!

Keep it up!

Cheers,
    Clifton

6.   Busem Doğan Says:

Hi Özge!
    This is my 1st year of teaching and I work with young learners.. I thought it was really difficult when I first entered my class. I didn’t know what to do, tried to speak English, I couldn’t even look them in the eye.. Then I realized that teaching is not even close to being a good student in college..It is beyond that.. When I started to search a source of inspiration I found you!! and other inspirer educators like you!! I’ve learnt so much from you all!! decided to be a lifelong learner..
    I just want to thank you for being a lifesaver and a good source of inspiration.
    Hope we’ll meet one day..
    It is great to follow you :)
    Kindest regards and many thanks,
    Busem

7.   ozge Says:

Dear all,
    Thanks for your nice words, they are all very much appreciated! I would like to thank your for your support and looking forward to meeting you f2f or online!!

8.   pelin Says:

hi özge,
    I was in the depths of despair when I found your blog.I’m 23 year old teacher and this is my first year of teachıng.I want to work for a state school and change something there because things are geting worse each day.you made me think a little bit more about my future career…
    you have created a good model for me;)

9.   Frederick Lee Brooke Says:

Hi Äzge, this is a really great site and you are obviously doing great work. Congratulations! I have been to Istanbul 3 times ve Türkçe ögreniyorum … only problem is finding the time to practice speaking! Good luck and keep up the good work. Take care,

Fred

10.   Dusica Says:

Dear Özge,

thank you for the wonderful presentation you gave in Sava Center, Belgrade.
    You provided us with lots of useful sites, and inspired us to use more technology in the process of English teaching.
    Inşallah yakında tekrar sohbet edeceğiz :)
    Sevgilerimle Dusica

11.   Debbie King Says:

Hello,

I’m a development editor at Cambridge University Press. There’s a link to your Bubble and Pebble animation project on our company website today, and I just wanted to say that it was a joy to play it and hear those children speaking English! Well done, and best of luck to you!

Debbie

12.   Dr Sabatin Says:

This my first visit to your website,but it will never be the last.I have a PhD in applied linguistics and I have A presentation in the Third EFL conference in April I hope to see you ,

13.   Vince Mc Daniel Says:

I assume this is Ozge who created the “My E portfolio”. so thank you, I use the video each year to inspire my 9th and 11th grade students when starting their Digital Portfolios.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Media & Learning Brussels 2010 « TeamBuildingNow
  2. Week 5 Reflection: Tell Your Story with Scribz | Corbin Janssen
  3. Week 5 Reflection: Tell Your Story with Scribz | Corbin Janssen
  4. Week 14 Reflection: ozgekaraoglu.edublogs.org | Lindsay McGrath