My Projects and Publishings

iPhone/iPad App for YL & VYL

AvailableOnAppStore_ipad150Lily’s Adventures With Colors is an interactive app that aims at teaching young learners to teach and practice colors with them with a fun story and three different interactive games. For this, I have worked with Demet Küyük who is the developer of the app. 

The Smurfs ELT Readers

Picture1j

The Smurfs ELT readers is a three level reader series for young learners with accompanying worksbooks; featuring the lovable characters that live happily in Smurf Land. I have worked as the Content and the Project Developer of these series this year for the offical the Smurfs company and the licensor company, GNR Publishing  in Turkey. 

Stories For Schools for British Council

aaaa

Some well known writers; Sevim Ak from Turkey and Sophie Smiley and Guy Bass from the UK have produced a series of 12 stories on themes of interest to Turkish young learners which have been kept short enough to serve as ideal classroom or homework material. Merve Oflaz, Aylin Köyalan and myself have designed resource kits for these stories. You can download the kits here. We will have more downloadable kits in very near future. 

‘My First Digital Journey’ E-book

My First Digital Journey is my very first e-book that I have co-authored with Jennifer Verschoor and has been published by theRound. My First Digital Journey is an activity book for teachers of young learners willing to enhance their teaching with web 2.0 tools. Twenty free tools are clearly explained.There are sample tasks for teachers to do on their own to familiarize themselves with the tools and then activities for teachers to do in class with their learners.

My Apps on Android Market

My apps are also available on Android Market now.

iPhone/iPad App for YL & VYL

Daisy, Drago, the Magic Wand” is an interactive, hand drawn animated book for young and very young learners. It s the third application of the series and a unique app that has been drawn, coloured and dubbed by children. It is compatible with i-phone and ipad.

iPhone/iPad App for YL & VYL

Daisy and Drago”  is an interactive, hand drawn animated book for young and very young learners. It’s the second Apple application in the world that has been drawn, coloured,animated and dubbed by children .It is compatible with i-phone and ipad.

iPhone/iPad App for YL & VYL

available-on-app-store-grayBubble and Pebble ” is an interactive, hand drawn animated book for young and very young learners. It’s the very first Apple application in the world that has been drawn, coloured,animated and dubbed by children .It is compatible with i-phone and ipad.

‘Yes, I Speak English’ DVD Series

Yes,I Speak English” is a two part DVD series that has been designed to give a jump start to English.DVDs have been specially designed  for YL and VYL. This is a three year project that is based in the USA.  I have worked as the educational and the content/script writer of the DVDs. The DVDs have been launched in July 2011 and available on Amazon. We have also just published two activity books that include fun pages to use with your students in the classroom. Each book includes detailed lesson plans for each fun-page.

‘Minigon’ Reader Series for YL and VYL

minigonMinigon is a new ten-level preschool and primary course for young and very young learners of English from beginners to elementary level. This course has been published by Macenta Publishing & Media in 2011. I have worked as the writer, content and the educational coordinator of these reader series. I have also written the songs and composed three of them. We have aslo finished a handbook for parents to revise Minigon series with their children at home. Also, the activity book for each Volume have been published in 2012. 

‘Play and Learn With Bubble and Pebble’ Digital Games for YL and VYL

digital“Play and Learn With Bubble and Pebble” is a series of digital games that have been drawn, coloured, animated and dubbed by kindergarten children. These are the very first digital games in the world that have been created by children for other children. You can play them here. This project was rewarded with “Higly Commended” award in MEDEA Awards 2010, with “Microsoft Outstanding Teachers Award/Runner Up” award in e-Learning Awards 2011. I have recently been awarded with the “New Writing Award” by ESU and Cambridge University Press and been invited to Buckingham Palace to get my award from the Duke of Edinburgh Prince Philip.

‘Daisy and Drago’ Animation 

daDaisy and Drago” is an educational cartoon that is drawn, coloured, animated and dubbed by 6 year old children who are learning English as a foreign language. This film was rewarded with “Creativity and Innovation” award in MEDEA Awards 2009 and came as second in Children’s Film Festival in 2009.

‘Daisy,Drago and the Magic Wand’ Animation

diasyDaisy,  Drago and the Magic Wand” is the second part of the cartoon series that has been created kindergarten children.

‘Bubble and Pebble’ Animation 

bubbBubble and Pebble” is the last part of the cartoons series that has been created by kindergarten children. This project has been recently awarded with Highly Commended Award 2011 by MEDEA Awards.

4 Responses to “My Projects and Publishings”

1.   Bill Pratt Says:

Are you still developing the A-Z Web Tools lists? I have looked at A-G but don’t see anything on your blog after G (posted in May).

These are great lists. Pleas continue them.

Thanks.

2.   ozge Says:

Hi Bill,
    I will countinue writing a-z tool starting from late August. Thanks for asking!
    Özge

3.   Larry Broomfield Says:

Your A-Z tools have been extremely helpful in my classrooms. I have learned so much from your efforts and so have my students. Thank you.

4.   ozge Says:

Hi Larry, thank you so much, I will continue my A to Z series as soon as possible. Best

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. ESU Awards: have the digital entries got any better this year?
  2. Ozge Karaoglu's Blog - Call For a Project