Apr
21

More Tools for Digital Storytellers

Filed Under (Uncategorized) by on April 21, 2010 and tagged , ,

headphones“In the end,folks, we ain’t nothing but a song.. a story” Joe Lambert

Here are some more tools to create your web based digital stories.

You can create animated cards or video greetings using CardFunk. You add your photo to the cards and send it to others with your message on it.

Tikatok is an online platform to write, illustrate and publish online stories. You can start writing your book with StorySparks that are like writing prompts. The beginning of the story is automatically added to your story’s beginning. You can also print your book.

If you are looking for a similar site to Glogster, you should visit Magnoto. You can add your photos, videos, audios in a magnetic style to the web. You can also send your content as an email. It’s like sticking different media on a refrigerator door.

Storyjumper is a site that gives you different tools to write and illustrate stories. You choose the type of the story you want to make ,then you ‘ll see the story creator tool on your way. You can start from scratch or you can get a beginning to create your story. You can read some of the books here.

You can create your personalized stories using StorySomething. The stories are already written, you choose your own adventure and change the name of the characters of the story and publish it.

FineTuna lets you add comments to any image and share it with others.BubbleSnaps and WigFlip are similar tools to add text to images.

You can have your virtual monster pet with MoshiMonsters. You can adapt your own pet monster, chat with friends and play games.

PhotoPeach is a rich slide show with zooming comments, sound effects and music. You can also create quizzes after you finish your slide show.

MadeupMemories lets you customize videos by putting your personal pictures. You can choose to be a princess, a toy, a superhero! Just choose your video, upload your picture and publish it. You can also download it to your computer and keep it on your desktop forever!

Sketchfu allows you to draw your own pictures and share it with others.

Enjoy and stay tunned!

If you want to explore more digital storytelling tools, you can read my other posts on digital storytelling:

Image Source

10 Responses to “More Tools for Digital Storytellers”

1.   Sebnem Says:

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!! I could have never ever find them out by myself!
    Thank you!!!

2.   Nicholas Provenzano Says:

What a great collection! Thanks for putting this all together.

3.   Charles Herzog Says:

Thank you. Helpful post.
    @PJ_Vermont

4.   Francesca Maggi Says:

Great selection – definitely have you bookmarked!

5.   Rusell Stannard Says:

Ozge, it is amazing how many resources you find. I love your blog and find it so useful

6.   ddeubel Says:

Ozge – wonderful list, handy and comprehensive.

However, I really really am a Tarheel reader junkie. Made for the learning disabled but perfect for ESOL. Try it . http://tarheelreader.org Mail Gary (or me for more info. ) to get an account to make books. The perfect, open way to make books and share.

Sorry if you already know about this.

David

7.   Claudio Azevedo Says:

You know I love and follow your blog closely. This is to let you know that I mentioned your site for the prize – or blog chaining – as one of my 10 recommended blogs. This is part of an initiative called “Vale a pena ficar de olho nesse blog”. The chosen blog has to copy the picture, with a link to the blog from which it has received the award . Then write ten more links to the blogs which are well worth a visit. You may check it out at http://moviesegmentstoassessgrammargoals.blogspot.com
    Regards,
    Claudio Azevedo

8.   Record Online Video Says:

very useful article

9.   Cristina Says:

I’m a little lost in your wiki…the reason I’m writing to you is because I saw your eportfolio on YouTube and I liked it a lot. I love the music, can you tell me what it is? and also how to add music to eportfolio? I just did one for my class and will like to add music to it. Thanks
    Hope to hear from you. [email protected]

10.   remove drm Says:

Good features…

Thank you for sharing this information.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Heiße Beiträge, die Ihre Besucher fesseln | Aktiv Selbstständig im Netz
  2. The #1 (site for making digital stories) | EFL Classroom 2.0 - Teacher Talk
  3. Reflection 2010 | Ozge Karaoglu's Blog