100 Web Tools to Enhance Collaboration (Part 3)

collaboration“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” George Bernard Shaw

Collaboration tools let you create, edit, share, discuss, engage, communicate and collaborate with others in a meaningful way that help us learn from each other. Here comes the third part of the series to facilitate web based collaboration. Let’s work 2gether!!

Prezi is a unique way to create presentations without any slides but zooming sketches on a blank canvas. You can create your own group, collaborate on ideas and create your prezi presentation together. You realize that powerpoint is dead after using this tool, rest is your imagination.

Woices is an interesting tool to share and share echos that are linked to specific geographical location or real life objects.

Protonotes are notes that you add to your prototype to discuss, and collaborate on prototype, it’s more like a discussion board wiki.

Twiddla allows you to mark websites, graphics and photos or you can use a blank canvas to brainstorm. You don’t need to download or use any plug-ins.

Dimdim is a tool to use to host or attend online meetings, webinars. You can give presentations, share web pages, voice, video; you can record your own voice without installing anything. Mikogo is also a similar tool.

With Metanotes, you can create sticky notes on an online board and collaborate with friends.

Useapollo is an online image proofing for documents, graphics, pictures, web design, maps and etc. You can see all the documents that your team is working on together.

With CubeTree, you can create wikis, blogs, profiles, feeds for your groups.

Board800 is a multi user shared interactive whiteboard with simultaneous access and drawing capabilities. It lets you add as many as you want. Users can use each page independently, and each user can see the changes on each page.

EditGrid is an online spreadsheet. You can share spreadsheet to other users, multiple users can edit at the same time, you can also embed charts and tables.

Drop.io is a simple and real time sharing and collaboration tool that lets you share text, video and audio. You can also create online collaborative presentation and record your voice.

Shwp is an online place where you can share your photos and video with people you’ve chosen. You can invite your friends and collaborate with them by uploading videos and pictures.

TypeWithMe is collaborative text synchronized as you type, it means that others whom you are sharing the page can see what you are writing at the same time.

Thinklinker is a site that lets you create outlines in your web browser.  You can have real time collaboration, share outlines. You can also use chat while collaborating.

FlockDraw is a real time collaborative drawing tool. You can start painting your masterpieces here!

Twiducate is a social networking tool for schools. You create an online community for your classroom and start sharing ideas, discussing, posting questions, creating surveys and keeping the parent in the loop.

PrimaryPad is another collaborative tool for schools. It’s a web based processor to collaborate with students in real time.

Flashmeeting is a tool to meet people from anywhere around the world. You book a meeting time and assign a password. You share it with other that you want to collaborate and voila – here starts collaboration.

Cross posted on TechLearning.

Read more:

100 Web Tools to Enhance Collaboration (Part 2)

100 Web Tool to Enhance Collaboration (Part 1)

Image source

21 comments

1. Paula Johns

You might consider adding School Web Lockers (www.schoolweblockers.com) to your list of collaboration tools. It’s used by hundreds of schools and school districts across the U.S. for Web-based file sharing, storage and collaboration. As a paperless homework system, it provides teachers with an easy one-click method for reaching out to an entire class to distribute and collect documents in just seconds. Thanks!

2. Sedat Akayoglu

This is a really nice list of Web 2.0 tools. Each and every day, a new tool is emerged and it is really difficult to follow them. This list made it easy for me. Thanks…

3. dissertation

I have been visiting various blogs for my dissertation research. I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information… Regards

4. Pingback: Daily Diigo Bookmarks from Steve Yuen 03/20/2010 « Learning Technologies
  5. Kathleen McGeady

Hi Ozge,
    I’m really glad I came across your blog. It is really useful! So many great ideas.
    My Grade 2s in Australia are working on a collaboration blog with an American class http://collaboration-corner.blogspot.com/
    I borrowed the quote you posted by George Bernard Shaw to share with the students on the Collaboration Corner blog.
    Keep up your great work and I look forward to following your blog!
    Kathleen McGeady
    Australia

6. New Jordans

It’s so lucky for me to find your blog! So shocking and great! Just one suggestion: It will be better and easier to follow if your blog can offer rrs subscription service.

7. Dollar Stores

I really enjoyed your article,It has been extremely helpful,The information provided by you is very good,is very excellent.For that I need to say that I am very grateful to the information you share through your blog. good luck with you.

8. Harold

Great article. I agree with your comments but was surprised you didn’t mention Dre Software’s BCN. It’s a great collaboration tool for small businesses. They have all the collaboration tools that I need plus web conferencing is a bonus. I like them too bc their customer service is excellent. Check them out.

9. barry

For collaboration I am using proofhub and it was working amazing. It can archive projects so that my dashboard is not seen messier. They update new things which are impressive.

10. Ernest

Excellent blog article. I just wanted to add my site to the list. I have noticed that collaborative technologies for education have been very scattered throughout the Internet. There are curriculum / resource sites, people blogging and tweeting everywhere, but finding others to collaborate with has always been somewhat challenging. I’m hoping to change that with a project I’ve been working on for over a year now called K12Advantage.com. It’s a site that encompasses all areas of K12 (Teaching / Curriculum, Facilities, Finance, Administration, Technology) under one umbrella (with their own sub sections). The site also includes a number of collaborative tools including: Forums, Blogs, One on one and group chats (including text, video and audio) with whiteboard, group document editing and desktop sharing. For convenience, users can subscribe to content through email or RSS. There really are more features than I can post here. I want the site to be driven by people working in K-12 education. Please visit this site as I welcome everyone’s feedback and contributions.

I should also mention the site is totally free.
    K12Advantage.com

11. Alex

Perhaps, you may be interested in RHUB (http://www.rhubcom.com) as well. This in-hosted appliance is an easy-to-use, cost-effective system possessing high functionalities that facilitates remote support web conference.

Post a comment

You may use the following HTML:
<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>